John G. Snetsinger
- U.S. History
- Modern World History
- U.S. Foreign Relations
- American Presidency in 20th Century
- Political History from the 1930s to Present
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- B. A., University of California, Los Angeles
- M. A., University of California, Berkeley
- Ph. D., Stanford University
- Stanford School of Law
Cal Poly Academic and Administrative Positions
- Professor (1970-present) and Chair (2007-2008), History Department
- Director, International Education and Programs (IEP), 1997-2001
- Director, London Study Program, 1995-2002
- Book, Truman, the Jewish Vote and the Creation of Israel. Hoover Institution Press. Stanford, 1974.
- Editor, Best, Last Hope of Earth: An American History Reader. Kendall Hunt, 1995.
- Review, Allis Radosh and Ronald Radosh, A Safe Haven: Harry S. Truman and the Founding of Israel. Journal of American History. June, 2010.
- “Ethnicity and Foreign Policy.” Essay in Alexander DeConde, Encyclopedia of American Foreign Policy. Second Edition. 3 volumes. Charles Scribner’s Sons. New York. 2002.
- Featured Review essay of Michael J. Cohen, Truman and Israel. Diplomatic History. Summer, 1992.
- Review, Michelle Mart, How America Came to View the Jewish State as an Ally. Journal of American History. December, 2006.
- “Race and Ethnicity.” Essay in Alexander DeConde, Encyclopedia of American Foreign Policy. First Edition. Charles Scribner’s Sons. New York, 1978.
- Review, Herbert Druks, The Uncertain Friendship: The U. S. and Israel from Roosevelt to Kennedy, and Stephen T. Rosenthal.
- Irreconcilable Differences? The Waning of the American Jewish Love Affair with Israel. Journal of American History. 2002
- Review of Robert Hunter, The Palestinian Uprising: A War By other Means. Sunday Book Review Section, San Francisco Chronicle, December 22, 1992.
- Recipient of Cal Poly’s Distinguished Teacher Award, 1992
- Fulbright Award. Scholars Program on Higher Education in Germany. Germany, 2001
State of California Service
- Vice President, Board of Governors of the State Bar of California, 2004-05
- Member, Board of Governors of the State Bar of California, 2001-05
Member, California Commission on Access to Justice, 2006-10
- HIST 207 Freedom and Equality in American History
- HIST 408 Age of Roosevelt: Depression and War, 1929-50
- HIST 410 Recent America Since 1950: Shattering of the American Consensus
- HIST 411 American Foreign Relations
- HIST 505 Graduate Seminar on 20th Century U. S. Foreign Relations
- HIST 505 Graduate Seminar on the American Presidency in 20th Century