- Ancient Greece and Rome
- Central Asian Nomads
- World History
- Ph.D. History (2014) University of California at Santa Barbara
- M.A. Classics (2007) University of Colorado at Boulder
- B.A. Political Science (2002) Western Michigan University
- Hist 110: Western Civilization: Antiquity to Renaissance
- Hist 210: World History: Antiquity to 1789
- Hist 221: World History: Antiquity to 1000
- Hist 222: World History: 1000-1800
- "Attila's Appetite: The Logistics of Attila the Hun's Invasion of Italy in 452" Journal of Military History 83.2 (April 2019):325-46
- "Roman grain supply: 442-455"
Journal of Late Antiquity 5.2 (Fall 2012):322-345
- Review of The Avars: A Steppe Empire in Central Europe, 567–822, Walter Pohl Journal of Military History (October 2019): 1267-8.
- Review of Empires and Exchanges in Eurasian Late Antiquity: Rome, China, Iran, and the Steppe, ca. 250-750, Nicola Di Cosmo and Michael Maas (eds.) Studies in Late Antiquity 3.2 (Summer 2019):298-302
- Review of "Sparta: Comparative Approaches, S. Hodkinson (ed.)"
Classical Review 62.1 (March 2013):156-8
- "The Dark Side of Rome: A Social History of Nighttime in Ancient Rome"