- US and Latin American History
- Office: Bldg. 47, Rm. 27F
- Phone: (805) 756-1599
- E-mail: email@example.com
- PhD, University of Southern California
- MA, University of Southern California
- MLIS, San Jose State University
- BA, California State University, Los Angeles
Research and Teaching Interests
- Spanish California, colonial Mexico, and the North American borderlands.
- Anne is particularly interested in gender, medicine, sickness, and indigenous cultures.
- Reid, A.M. and Hackel, S.W. “Transforming an Eighteenth-Century Archive into a Twenty-First-Century Database: The Early California Population Project.” History Compass 5, no. 3 (April 2007): 1013-1025.
- Panelist, Huntington-USC Institute on California and the West’s “Gendered Borderlands” at the Huntington Library, San Marino, CA, October 10, 2015.
- Conference moderator, “Junípero Serra: Context and Representation 1713 to 2013” at the Huntington Library, San Marino, CA, September 21, 2013.
- Presenter, “‘Medics of the Soul and the Body:’ Baptismal Cesarean Operations in the Alta California Missions” at Commun(icat)ing Bodies:The Body & Religion Conference, Graz, Austria, February 16, 2012.
Awards and Honors
- USC Science, Technology and Society Initiative’s Summer Research Award for dissertation research at the Archivo General de la Nación, Mexico City, Mexico, July 2011.
- Del Amo Summer Research Award for dissertation research at the Archivo General de Indias, Seville, Spain, May 2011.
- USC-Early Modern Studies Institute’s Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship, 2010-2011.
- Historical Society of Southern California’s HSSC/Haynes Summer Stipend, 2010.
- Huntington-USC Institute for California and the West Summer Research Grant, 2010.
Organizational Memberships and Affiliations
- American Historical Association
- American Library Association
- Reviewer for the California Open Education Resources Council (COERC), 2014