The Forum: Journal of History
The Forum is a historical journal published at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo by students associated with the Cal Poly History Department and the university’s chapter of Phi Alpha Theta. Through publication of The Forum, the members of the Alpha-Nu-Gamma chapter of Phi Alpha Theta hope to highlight the contribution of the Cal Poly History Department to the university environment, foster intellectual exchange, and showcase the significance and diversity of the field of history.
Executive Editors 2018 Edition:
Mackenna Johnson and Lauren Hinkley
Want to get published?
- Write an amazing paper for a Cal Poly history class!
- Remove your name from the document (don’t forget about the headers of each page!)
- Keep the page numbers on the document
- Rename the document with the title of the paper
- Write a brief abstract that details your thesis and paper structure
- Send your paper to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject heading: [your paper title]
- Please include in the email the class and professor you wrote the paper for and your abstract
- Submission MUST be a word document
- If you are asked to revise and resubmit your paper
- Make the necessary changes
- Resend you paper with the edits you have made
- Subject heading: Revised and resubmitted [your paper title]
- If your paper is chosen
- Review and approve copy edits provided to you by your editors
- Send 50 word author bio to email@example.com
- Subject heading: Author Bio [your last name]
Frequently Asked Questions
THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT PAPERS IS WEEK 10 OF WINTER QUARTER
- Can I submit more than one paper?
- You must wait until you get your edits back to decide whether or not you want to submit another paper.
- If you chose NOT to revise and resubmit that paper, you must indicate that to the Executive Editors and indicate that you intend to submit a different paper. Only one submission will ultimately be considered for publication per volume, so choose wisely!
- If your first paper is rejected, you may submit another.
- Do I need to be a history major or member of Phi Alpha Theta to submit to The Forum?
- No, you do not need to be a history major, however your paper topic must be related to the field of history
- If my paper was rejected for one volume, am I allowed to submit it to the next volume?
- Papers must not be over 1 year old in order to qualify for publication in this journal
The Forum Archives
All prior editions of The Forum are available at the Digital Commons @ Cal Poly website: http://digitalcommons.calpoly.edu/forum/